Bala & Penllyn Tourism Association
What the Bala & Penllyn Tourism Association does and how to be a member
The Bala & Penllyn Tourism Association exists to promote tourism in the Bala & Penllyn area and to publicise, promote, develop and market Bala & Penllyn for tourism with resultant economic benefit to the area.
The Association was set-up as a sub-group of Antur Penllyn, the regeneration organisation for the area. Anyone with an interest in the success of tourism in the Bala & Penllyn area is welcome to join and thus support the Association and its objectives, whether they have a tourism business or not.
The Association is a non-profit making voluntary, community organisation run by members for the benefit of members and the local community. The officers of the Association are:
- Chair: Stephanie Hickish,
- Secretary: Hazel Price,
- Treasurer: Julie Rogers.
Members who assist the officers include:
- Webmaster: Ray Hind.
- PEG representative: Carol Kayshaw
- Easter Rising Centenary representative: Olwen Davies
Members of the Association include those involved with accommodation, attractions, activities, restaurants and shops.
The Association meets regularly and prospective members are welcome to attend a meeting before joining.
The Association sets-up sub-committees on specific areas and this Website was developed by the marketing sub-committee.
|Why become a member of Bala & Penllyn Tourism Association
- Membership £70.00 to include Website entry, additional entries £15, per annum
- Support & promote Bala & Penllyn as a tourism destination
- Community partnership working together
- Keep up to date with opportunities in Gwynedd for marketing and customer care
- Increased revenue for your business
- Training opportunities
- Visiting speakers
- Raise funds for local projects
- Free entry into Caerau Uchaf Gardens, Sarnau
- Discounts at Bala Adventure & Watersports Centre
- Use and benefits at Serenity Spa, also use by guests
- 10% off if you join both Mid Wales Tourism and North Wales Tourism (when joining the 2nd)
For further information contact a member of the Committee: Hazel Price (Secretary) - 01678 520879, Julie Rogers (Treasurer) - 01678 520256 or Stephanie Hickish (Chair) – 01678 530493.
If you wish to join the Association you can register for membership from the Members page on this Website or you can contact the association using the contact form here. Note that Accommodation providers have to be graded by Visit Wales or an equivalent organisation to be included in the Website. Those that are not graded may be members of the Association but it will not be possible to list your accommodation on this Website.
If you wish to advertise on this Website, you can do this by joining the Association - by downloading the membership form from the “Members” page on this Website or you can contact the Association using our contact form.